Everyone wants to be a dad on vacation, sans the cargo shorts. There’s nothing more opulent, more indulgent than a middle-aged man taking time off from work to embarrass himself in a foreign land, completely unconcerned with the repercussions of his cultural snafus. There’s a lack of pretense, a commitment to self-care, inherent to his attitude; while his wife and kids pore over tour schedules and activities to fill the time, the dad lazes by the pool and nourishes an equally ebullient sunburn. Integral to the dad on vacation is the Hawaiian shirt, a short-sleeve button-down host to a multitude of bright-colored botanical patterns. Once a decided fashion “don’t,” the Hawaiian shirt has found new life this summer, well beyond the beach.
Palm Angels’ Men’s Spring 2022 collection featured the tropical print heavily, evoking a cross between billionaire playboy and bohemian wanderer. The reach extended from the short-sleeve button-down to bomber jackets and blazers, adding a sophisticated edge to a motif that could dangerously verge on tacky. The subdued color palette also steps away from the coconut-studded beachside to the streets of a small Meditterranean town.
Some, however, have embraced the unabashed camp of the Hawaiian shirt in full-force. Shia LaBeouf sports the print in his now cult-famous streetwear style, a devout follower of the gorpcore, hiking trail-meets-runway mentality. The shirt also harks back to his Disney channel days as the titular character in Even Stevens. Disney teen style is not known for its subtlety, and the Hawaiian shirt is just one of the ways trends have been shifting to the louder and bolder. Stranger Things’ newest season also takes a page from the fashion of 1985, dressing its characters in electric patterns and prints. Police Chief Hopper most notably covets a peach-colored button-down, declaring it “something fresh.” El also ditches the pale babydoll dress and oversized hand-me-downs for a Keith Haring-esque jumpsuit and scrunchie and a canary-yellow Aztec print that really jumps out against the Upside-Down.
Louis Vuitton Hawaiian Set And Flip Flops 11 T140222
I’m not exactly sure when I developed my affinity for Hawaiian (or more appropriately “aloha”) shirts. Perhaps, I subconsciously was influenced from watching Hawaii Five-0 or Magnum, P.I. during the 70s and 80s. And of course I’m talking about the originals and not the reboots.
Or perhaps, I was influenced from spending a few formative years as a child in the Panama Canal Zone. While that’s still a long way from the Hawaiian Islands, tropical attire has similar qualities in common. They’re made with lightweight materials and typically come in light colors. One of my favorite shirts is as nearly as old as I am and it belonged to my dad from his time in Panama. Louis Vuitton Hawaiian Set And Flip Flops 11. And while I look like a dentist from the 1970s and it isn’t a true aloha shirt, it does have sentimental value and harks back to my tropical childhood.
And while I had a few tropical shirts throughout high school and college, it wasn’t until my mid-late 20s that I began to embrace and maintain a selection of these shirts in my wardrobe.
As with many fashion trends, aloha shirts have ebbed and flowed since their inception. However, in recent years, they are currently enjoying a resurgence in popularity. And while the actual origin of these shirts remain almost as legendary as the islands themselves, most agree that the current iteration of the aloha shirt emerged in the 1920s or ‘30s. Early shirts were likely made with leftover fabric from Japanese kimonos and featured traditional Asia-inspired prints. Over the ensuing decades, Hawaiian Aloha shirt fabrics began to feature more island-inspired prints including hula girls, palm trees, and tropical motifs.
As if you really need one, here are my top reasons to wear these expressive shirts regardless of your proximity to The Aloha State.
- Historical and cultural icons have worn them
- It’s best left untucked
- Who couldn’t use a little more color in their wardrobe
- There’s a look for every personality
- They will NEVER go out of style
DETAIL PRODUCT : Louis Vuitton Hawaiian Set And Flip Flops 11
KEY FEATURES :
- Summer Short Sleeve Hawaiian Beach Shirt. Casual/Dating/Sun Beach Party/Hawaiian/suitable for a variety of occasions
- Suitable for special occasions such as Christmas, birthday, celebration, housewarming gift.
1. Hawaiian Shirt & Short
- 100% KATE SILK
- Casual button-down shirts /Soft decent Regular fit/Breathable/Good Quality/Men designer shirts /Good Choice for Summer/men Hawaiian shirts
PRINT : Dye-sublimation printing
2. Flip Flops Information
- Made of EVA, easy slip-on, it provides you with lightness, breathable and comfort when walking.
- Rubber strap provides a frictionless and smooth feeling between your toes, supporting your walking and providing the ultimate instant comfort feeling.
- The high-quality EVA outsole improves the durability and slips resistance of the flip flops.
WASHABLE : Machine wash cold, only non-chlorine bleach when needed, hang dry, cool iron on the reverse side or dry clean
PRODUCTION TIME : 7-10 Business Days
– Since the size is manually measured, please allow a slight dimension difference from 1-3 cm.
– Due to the different monitor and light effect, the actual colour of the item might be slightly different from the visual pictures.